Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crohn's Disease Definition - Will Crohn's Disease Define You?

Do you let Crohn's Disease define you as a person? I used to do this for many years when I was younger and was sick with Crohn's Disease. Being sick at the time all I did was exist, I wasn't really living life. I had let Crohn's Disease take over my life and that was all I focused on, quite often in a negative manner.

huntington's disease

By doing this at the time I was unknowingly letting Crohn's Disease control my life which was not good for me long term. Heading down this road can lead to depression and a negative downward spiral that not only affects you mentally but physically as well.

DISEASE

One of the biggest mistakes that I was making at this time in my life was that I was letting my illness get the best of me, and that really affected my quality of life. If on the other hand I chose to be at peace with my illness and change my perspective about the situation; I would have been able to enjoy life and have more happiness, even though the situation I was in may not have changed all that much.

Some of the ways I did this was to keep my mind active, sure when you are really sick you don't really want to do much but it is important to do something. Even if it is a simple hobby that you enjoy, for example one thing that I could do when I didn't feel like doing anything is make model aeroplanes. This was something that isn't that hard but kept my mind active and focused on something other than being sick and feeling sorry for myself.

Something else I found really useful is to give thanks for all the great things that I have in my life. Even when I was really sick there still were many great things in my life that I could give thanks for. I have a great family that loves me and helps me any way they could, access to good food, clean water, shelter, having the freedom to be able to pursue my dreams without being thrown in jail or having my life threatened, just to name a few.

When you have a look at your life there are many things to be thankful for even when it seems that everything is going against you. When you look there is always something to be grateful for in your life.

Crohn's Disease Definition - Will Crohn's Disease Define You?

DISEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment